Development and Marketing Coordinator
This full time position will work closely with the Executive Director to manage development and marketing initiatives for Ewalu Camp and Retreat Center. Development activities include annual fundraising solicitations, donor stewardship and relationship management. Marketing tasks will include designing campaigns to promote camp programs and facilities to Ewalu’s core audiences utilizing web, print, email, and social media. This position will play a significant dual role with an overall goal of inviting greater engagement and participation in the mission and ministry of Ewalu.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the ministry of the Church at Ewalu Camp and Retreat Center.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in marketing, business, communication or related field.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in the areas of fundraising, communication, or marketing for a non-profit organization.
- Working knowledge in areas of graphic design, website design, social media marketing and direct mail fundraising.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to effectively communicate the mission of Ewalu.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, working knowledge of web based applications, email marketing, and familiarity with databases for tracking fundraising results.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as job duties require.
- Manage the annual fundraising solicitations including direct mail, email campaigns, and collaborating with Executive Director for arranging targeted individual donor solicitations.
- Develop and implement strategies for donor recognition including the annual donor event, a printed annual report, and the Forest Society for giving.
- Collaborate with staff and develop strategies for relationship building in congregations.
- Measure fundraising results and work with Executive Director to evaluate the current Annual Fund plan and implement new strategies that will produce growth in dollars and donor participation.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Associate Director develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan for promotion of camp programming, development of key messaging and Ewalu brand, engagement of individuals, and partnership with congregations.
- Design and coordinate print and electronic pieces for development initiatives and camp marketing ensuring that stories and language positively convey the mission of Ewalu. This includes designing and writing for the bi-monthly e-newsletter (The Rhythm), designing the annual report, summer camp brochure, and other print and email campaigns.
- Manage the Ewalu website and social media presence to engage parents, friends, staff alumni, current and former campers, serving as the primary staff person responsible for maintenance and design.
- Coordinate events details for the Quilt Auction & Fall Festival and the Summer Donor Dinner. Manage invitations, promotion, event details, as well as coordination of volunteers and engagement of other staff as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Executive Director.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Ewalu Camp & Retreat Center
37776 Alpha Avenue
Strawberry Point, IA 52076
Or email application documents to email@example.com
Application deadline is March 1, 2018
Please go to our website at www.ewalu.org for more information about our camp!
Job offer is contingent on completion of successful background check. Salary is commensurate with experience between $35K to $45K; health and retirement benefits available. For more information, contact Clark Baldwin (firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-933-4700