JOB TITLE: Bookkeeper
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
EMPLOYMENT: Part-time, Hourly
Summary: This position will work closely with the Executive Director to maintain and prepare financial records and reports necessary to keep the Board of Directors informed of the financial condition and cash position of the camp. This position is also responsible for payroll processing and the management and oversight of the camp store and canteen.
This position is currently part-time, hourly, with 12-16 hours in the off-season and 24-36 hours in the summer. Hours may be adjusted for the right candidate. Some of the work may be done remotely.
- A commitment to the Christian faith and a commitment to the mission and ministry of Ewalu Camp and Retreat Center
- Highly organized
- Good computer skills
- Bookkeeping experience and knowledge
- Payroll processing experience or knowledge
- Office administration experience and skills
- Knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks software preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Post deposits to appropriate general ledger accounts
- Prepare for payment and post accounts payable payments to appropriate general ledger accounts
- Prepare monthly financial reports from QuickBooks system
- Maintain subsidiary ledgers of special or designated fund accounts and Capital spending projects
- Help prepare board reports and annual report
- Manage employee benefits through Portico Benefits administration services
- Prepare Workers Comp insurance audit report
- Reconcile bank statements monthly
- Collect time sheets and process payroll
- Purchase inventory and manage Camp Store
- Assist with registrar during peak load demands for registrations
- Manage Online Camp Store, and point person for Square
- Assist with annual external audit
- Process camper canteen reimbursements
- Assist with other tasks as needed or assigned
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Ewalu Camp & Retreat Center
37776 Alpha Ave.
Strawberry Point, IA 52076
Or email application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline – this position will be filled when a qualified applicant is received.
Click here for a PDF of the job description.