Summer Assistant Cook
Quality food service is important to our ministry at Camp Ewalu! This person prepares and serves (or helps other food service personnel prepare and serve) meals and/or food during summer camp season to registered campers, visitors, volunteers and staff at our main camp location (3 miles west of Strawberry Point) in a commercial kitchen.
This position is part-time and seasonal, during our busy summer season. Hours are flexible and vary during the week. Food service experience is a plus, but not required. We will train you!
- Reports directly to food service director.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs and be able to stand for a period of time.
- Starting pay is $11.00 per hour.
- A commitment to the Christian faith and to the mission, core values and ministry of Ewalu Camp and Retreat Center
- Organizational ability and ability to prioritize and complete tasks on time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Desire and ability to work in a camp setting
- Must be organized and neat
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to handle hot food safely
- Able to read and follow written directions and recipes
- Has a working knowledge of State of Iowa Food license requirements in regards to sanitation and safe food handling
- Able to reach and work overhead
- Comfortable on stepstools
- Flexible hours
- Help serve meals, snacks or special event food requirements at the Ewalu main site
- Help prepare food for meals to be served so food preparation and meals are ready for service as scheduled
- Assist with all cleanup and dishwashing as needed or directed by supervisor
- Work directly with other food service staff
- Report any maintenance issues to Food Service or Housekeeping Director
- Perform other duties as assigned