Camp Ewalu thrives on the hundreds of people each year who give their time to this ministry. With the help of volunteers we prepare camp for summer, update our facilities, mail our newsletters, mow our massive lawn, and much, much more! Put your Christian faith into action, enjoy fellowship with friends new and old, and spend a day at camp helping out a great ministry!
Ways to Volunteer
Youth groups, churches, individuals, men’s groups, women’s groups, families, Thrivent action teams, school groups, young kids, retired folks, sports teams, alumni, campers… anyone can volunteer, and everyone can make a difference! Here are some ways to help onsite:
- Holy Folders: Help us spread the word with mailings, newsletters, and brochures!
- Property Projects: Work on needed maintenance, construction, and other property projects.
- Service Projects: Come as a church group – youth or adult – for a service day.
- Family Work Weekend: Help prepare Ewalu for the summer camping season.
- Fall Volunteer Work Weekend: Trim trees, cut trails, fix fences, and help with outdoor projects.
- Ewalu Fall Festival: Give quilts, crafts, food; help set-up and offer hospitality.
- Camp Grandparents: Serve one week during the summer as camp grandparent
- Environmental Education: Teach nature classes (we will train you), help lead campfire programs.
- Ropes Challenge Course: Help lead groups on the high or low ropes course (we train).Administrative: Ewalu reaches over 10,000 people a year! Help us organize, file, and sort.
- Other: Volunteer in your own way!